No products in the cart.
From Brussels with Bacon
Recipe by Chef Cori Doern
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (2 if omitting bacon)
• Thinly sliced green onion
• 2 cloves of garlic minced
• Thinly sliced swiss chard including stems
• 1/2 head thinly sliced Red Cabbage
• Thinly sliced or peeled Brussel Sprouts
• ClearWater farm bacon and or smoked ham slice diced (optional) Purchase bacon HERE or Smoked Ham HERE
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Thyme 4 stems
• Turn burner onto med-high and add bacon to a large, cast-iron or any kind of large skillet. Saute until desired level of crispy* transfer to paper towel.
• Pour off all but 1Tbs of bacon fat. Add 1tbs of Olive oil and add thyme stems, brussel sprouts, swiss chard and cabbage. Saute for about 4-8 minutes or until brussel sprouts, cabbage and swiss chard are tender. (Add about 2 tbsp of water if the vegetables start to stick to the bottom of the pan.)
• Remove thyme stems, add green onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant.
• Transfer to bowl and add bacon.
*Chef’s tip: Don’t wait for your bacon to become crispy when cooking. Remember that food will continue cooking even after it’s removed from the heat, bacon included. If you want to cut back on fat. Lay out your bacon on cookie sheets and bake in the oven.